Wednesday, July 08, 2015

How I Got Pastel Pink Hair


I've been wanting to have coloured hair for ages. Last time I tried it I got so fed up of the up-keep I ended up just dying it brown. I tried to have it pink and purple before. The purple managed to stay a bit longer due to the silver shampoo I use (which I often use to much of and end up with streaky purple-y bits anyway). I've tried the Crazy Colours and Directions, but neither managed an all over colour, and neither were a long-term fix.

I THINK I'VE FOUND THE SOLUTION!

Well, after browsing Instagram (I do this almost every night, just keep scrolling...) I found this stuff from Las Vegas called oVertone Haircare that was colour depositing conditioner. I had brown hair at this time and immediately wanted my silver locks back to try this! 

I booked an appointment to get my hair bleached and ordered the Pastel Pink Complete System. This included 8oz Daily Conditioner, 8oz Go Deep weekly treatment, and a special gift - 2oz bottle of their Daily Conditioner for traveling.

bleach, clynol, crazy colour, directions, hair dye, Haircare, hairdressers, oVertone, Pastel, pastel hair, Pink, pink hair, silver shampoo


I'm pretty sure I annoy the hell out of my hairdresser. However, in one sit (and two full heads of bleach) I was back - albeit not as lusciously silver as I remember. 

The set is $45 to buy, which is the equivalent to about £30. I did get hit by the shipping cost though, which brought it up to £44. But - this lasted me about 2 months! Not bad at all.

Luckily it had got here from Vegas by the day I'd had it bleached - as my hair was half blonde, half orange! EEK. I think if I had used this on my previous silver hair it would have taken so well, but I must say for the colour of my hair it took amazingly.

bleach, clynol, crazy colour, directions, hair dye, Haircare, hairdressers, oVertone, Pastel, pastel hair, Pink, pink hair, silver shampoo

I was using my Clynol Colour & Care Silver Shampoo with the Daily Conditioner, which was helping with the brassy tones of my hair, this helped the pink along as I continued to use it. I did make the mistake of using my Aussie Shampoo to give my hair a break of the Silver Toner with my oVertone Conditioner, but it practically stripped the pink out of my hair! Although, this is a good thing if you want rid of your colour quickly. 

The trick is to use a non-sulphate shampoo. I went back to using my Silver Shampoo as it seems to keep the colour on nicely. When I have bleached hair I practically bathe in the stuff. It's an absolute god send. 

bleach, clynol, crazy colour, directions, hair dye, Haircare, hairdressers, oVertone, Pastel, pastel hair, Pink, pink hair, silver shampoo

Would you have your hair coloured?

Psst! Check out how else to get your hair pastel pink here!



Like what you read? Follow me on BlogLovin' to keep updated with all my posts
bloglovin symbol

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I love your hair! Thank you so much for sharing how you did it! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never coloured or bleached my hair before as I am always scared it might ruin it more than it already is but I am loving the final product, looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair look so pretty. I was planning to dye my hair pink, but I thought it might not look good. But after seeing how good you look, I will definitely go for it now.

    ReplyDelete